Elder and Nursing Home Abuse
When a loved one is placed into a nursing home or a long term care facility, the quality of the care is of the upmost concern. The elderly residing at nursing homes deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a nursing home because of neglect or abuse our law firm can help. Our Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect attorneys can help you and your family recover financial compensation for the injuries and damages incurred at a nursing home or long term care facility.
According to the National Center on Elder Abuse, nursing home abuse and neglect can take many forms, including:
- Unsanitary and unclean conditions
- Medical errors
- Sexual abuse
- Failure to monitor or supervise
- Unreasonable physical restraint
- Failure to protect from health and safety hazards
- Inadequate elderly fall prevention measures
- Physical neglect: disregard for the necessities of daily living
- Medical neglect: lack of care for existing medical problems
- Failure to prevent dehydration, malnutrition, and bed sores
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene, or in the provision of food, clothing, or shelter
Call Carter & Putnam at 816.246.8881 for a free consultation with an experienced Nursing Home Abuse attorney.