Carter & Putnam, LLC
Free Consultation: 816-246-8881
Justice For Victims Of Nursing Home Abuse
When a loved one is placed in a nursing home or a long-term care facility, the quality of care is of the utmost concern. They deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. Unfortunately, many elder care facilities are understaffed and poorly managed, putting residents at risk of serious injury, illness and abuse.
Carter & Putnam, LLC, helps elderly victims and their families recover financial compensation for abuse and neglect. We have brought legal action against nursing homes and assisted living centers in Missouri and Kansas for substandard care and mistreatment.
Do You Suspect Abuse Or Neglect?
Tamara Putnam is an experienced and aggressive lawyer who will fight for justice. Call her for a free consultation at 816-246-8881.
Elder Abuse And Nursing Home Negligence
Nursing home abuse and neglect can take many forms and there are many red flags:
- Fractures and deep bruises – Frail patients are vulnerable to falling.
- Bedsores (pressure ulcers) – Bedridden patients need to be repositioned regularly.
- Physical or sexual assault – A sign of lax security and negligent hiring.
- Soiled clothing and bedding – No patient should suffer this indignity.
- Untreated illness or injury – This is medical malpractice.
- Dehydration and malnutrition – Another sign of substandard care.
- Excessive restraints – Patient safety, or just laziness and cruelty?
In a well-run elder care facility, patients are assessed for fall risk and assisted when walking and using the bathroom. Their health and nutrition are monitored by medical personnel, and staff checks in on them regularly. Family members are notified of injuries or serious illnesses. Staff undergoes background checks and training, and so on. The pandemic took a huge toll on the quality of care at nursing homes. Unfortunately, elderly residents pay the price of staffing shortages and budget cuts.
Take Action To Hold Them Accountable
Trust your instincts if you believe your loved one was mistreated, or if their health took a dramatic and unexplained turn for the worse. Call Carter & Putnam in Lee’s Summit at 816-246-8881 or contact us online for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.